Tuesday 10 July 2012

Strawberries and cream


This weeks theme over at Papertake Weekly is Strawberry and Cream.

 I have been seeing cakes with banners strewn across them so thought I would give this idea a go for a card. I cut some florist wire to the length of the folded  card and popped it through the folded edge of the easel card and secured with tape. I then made a paper banner strung onto button twine from the Ribbon Girl  and tied it onto the two wires.



 For my card I used a card topper from the Hobby House  with a Mo Manning image, I coloured over the dress with a pink copic so that it coordinated with the theme and used various papers to cover the easel card andall finished off with alphabet stickers from My Minds Eye.

I hope you pop pver to see what the DT have made I assure you they are corkers :)
I am entering this into the Mo Manning Challenge 


14 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

What a great idea Jane - love the stamp, the colouring, the card, the wire and the twine on it - the bunting is great! Mary G x

Unknown said...

Oh Jane, This is soo beautiful! I honestly first thought when i saw the first picture, that is was an inspirational photo! Just love the colors, the lovely banner and sweet image! Have a perfectly wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

Lyzzydee said...

Its beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant idea, it looks fabulous!
Helen x

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Hi Jane,
Absolutely love your design. The colours are gorgeous :)
Thanks for sharing.
Hugz
Lisa

P.S I have blog candy if you're interested
http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au/

Lorraine A said...

I have been admiring this card in the DT blog for days !! the image is very cute and I just LOVE the way you did the banner !! Bloomin brilliant !! I will be copying that idea !! FAB !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lisa said...

Wow, what an absolutely amazing card Jane!
Hugs Lisa

Tracy said...

How cute is this with the pop up banner! So much fun and so pretty too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's!

Liza said...

Such a pretty card Jane, I love the colours and the bunting you have created.

Liza x

Elaine L. said...

This is wonderful! I love the pink and red together, and your coloring is beautiful! So glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Shelly said...

Hiya Jane! You easel card is gorgeous, love the ingenious idea with the wire!!! Shelly x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh I just love how your have raised your banners on this lovely card! What a clever idea; beautifully done! Hugs, Lesley

Faye said...

Jane! Luuuuuuuuuurve! Have a great weekend. xx

Teresa said...

Superb card love the bunting above the cute image. xx