Saturday 18 December 2010

Card Patterns Sketch 95

I was lucky enough to be chosen to be a Guest Designer for the Card Patterns Sketch Challenge
This is the sketch
and this is my interpretation of  the sketch

I used A sugar stick digi image by Lori Boyd called Girl with a kite. She can be found here  and I coloured her with copics.

First of all I flipped the image over in photoshop and erased the string (thank you Andrea for explaining how to do this). I then paper pieced the little girls blouse, kite  and bows with Cosmo Cricket  patterned paper. I mounted the kite onto sticky pads and added button twine for the kite string and tied bakers twine  around the string for its little frills.  Both can be bought from The Ribbon Girl.

The patterend paper is a mixture of Cosmo Cricket and October Afternoon.  The twill I have had for absolutely ages so I have no idea what make it is.
 And last but not least I machine stitched round the edges of the cardstock and patterned paper.


5 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Jane, CONGRATS! on being the guest designer. Your card is super cute.

Debs said...

Love your card, especially the way you've done the kite.
Hugs Debs

Andrea said...

You are fabulous!

dolcreations said...

Congratulations on your Guest spot! This card is wonderful! It actually has a little spring feel to it! I love all the little details..the kite and the papers are wonderful!

LORi said...

WOWZA...this is remarkable!!!! My chin is on the floor in AWE!!! WOW!!
HUGS - LORI